Responsibilities include- The receipt, processing, storage, disposal and tracking of all samples into the division.
- Receive, process and store pre-clinical and clinical samples according to study documentation.
- Report any inconsistencies or issues to study or line management.
- Responsible for the documentation, records and location of all samples.
- Dispose of study material on a daily basis, as required
- Monitor performance of controlled temperature stores and maintain records as required.
- Assist in the calibration and maintenance of routine laboratory equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance of controlled temperature stores.
- Archive laboratory records and raw data in a timely fashion.
- Assist with sample preparation and other general laboratory duties as required.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of appropriate GLP, GCP and HTA regulations, departmental SOPs and their application to the work area.
- Comply with all safety directives, department safety procedures and ensure safe working practices in accordance with HASAWA and COSHH.
- A Sample Manager will fulfil any other duties within their competence and experience, which may be required by the company.
Essentially we require an administrator/data entry person for one of our scientific departments who has great accuracy and attention to detail to deal with the incoming/outgoing/storage of samples, record details and advise other departments of the samples. It’s fast paced, they will be dealing with animal/human tissue and drug samples and will be standing all day with some lifting involved.
Training will be given and the individual will not be required to complete all the job requirements above as a temporary worker.