Sales Support to Consumer Goods, Pharma, Clinical, Biotech, CRO
Location flexible – HQ Cambridge based. circa 30% travel.
A precision medicine, biodata platform company are looking for an experienced Account Manager based in the UK to work closely with their customers and sales team. Due to the high customer-facing nature of the role, it requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to locations within the UK.
Job responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identify the most compelling opportunities for their platform solutions.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to capitalize on both a SaaS and on premise model within Top 50 pharmaceutical organisations (may include Academic, Clinical, Biotech, CRO)
- Contact prospects to qualify interest and present their value proposition
- Develop proposals to meet expressed and perceived customer needs
- Build and maintain professional relationships within both customer organizations and internally.
- Follow competitor products and activities to distinguish and leverage key differentiators
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to enhance their informatics profile, market share and product offerings
- Independently close sales of SaaS, in some cases working with Inside Sales and Commercial Account Managers to ensure we are focusing on solutions as opposed to point products
- Record all customers/prospect communications and maintain the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) database
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop programs and initiatives
- Provide feedback to Product Management regarding general customer requirements for future product release(s):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Life Science discipline (biology / genomics / genetics preferred)
- At least 5 years commercial experience with a successful track record selling complex software solutions to the Life Sciences market
- Established relationships in top pharma/biotech accounts and academic medical centers.
- Capable of networking at all levels within customer organizations with a demonstrated ability to develop new market opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present information to various audiences
- Compelling drive to achieve targets
- Proven team player with an ability to thrive working independently as well as part of a collaborative team environment
- Capable problem solver that can develop creative and effective solutions to solve complex issues
- An understanding of Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) is an advantage
- An understanding of Data management in Research of Pharma
- This position requires travel (approx. 30% on average).
Above anything else, we are looking for a strong cultural fit – a person with genuine passion for technology and genomics, who can work as a part of a multicultural team dispersed between two offices, willing to learn from others and share knowledge. In exchange we offer career growth opportunities, a fun and relaxed work environment, flexible working hours and a competitive salary.
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: