Job Title: Archives Manager
Pay Range: Circa £40,000
Start Time: 08:30
End Time: 17:00
Employment: Permanent, Contract
Shift: Hours/Week: 37.5
A contract research organisation are currently recruiting for an experienced Archives Manager to join their team. Your role will be to manage and further develop efficient, effective and harmonised systems within the UK Archive facilities teams.
This job contributes to organisational success by:
- Forecast and control departmental budget
- Day-to-day operational organisation (staff, resource & facilities).
- Monitoring and reporting on revenue generation progress.
- Responding to Inspector/Sponsor/QA audit findings.
- Actioning corrective/remedial actions in response to compliance issues.Overseeing development and training of Deputy Archivists’ / Business Support Co-ordinator & HERMES Development and Training Manager.
- Holding ‘Grant of Authority’ for budgetary expenses up agreed company limits..
- Ensuring Archive SOPs are current and reviewed/re-issued on time.
- Assessing work of others (for Training Records System).
- Conducting team briefing cascades.
- Plan, monitor and report departmental revenue generation progress and forecasts
- Manage archive staff on two sites.
- Production of data/metrics to support overall management of the Archive.
- Ensuring that appropriate individuals are nominated and trained to fulfil specified roles for compliance with company Health and Safety policies.
- Managing Archives costs in line with budget
- Conducting staff appraisals/reviews – ensuring performed according to company timelines.
- Approving staff leave Conducting ‘Return to Work’ interviews
- Tactical/strategic planning of resource allocation.
- Production, development & implementation of the Archive tactical plan.
- Liaising with other staff on projects of shared interest.
- Identification of additional revenue lines.
- Development of new systems.
- Review and enhancement of existing systems
- Planning and resource allocation – tactical/strategic planning.
- Identify key trends/themes that may impact on future Archives operations
- Use industry and market knowledge to support the business
- Actions corrective/remedial actions in response to compliance issues
In order to be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a degree level qualification in Business studies or have equivalent demonstrable experience of working within a GxP archives
- Have strong leadership skills and be able to manage a team remotely
- Be able to develop and implement agreed strategies to support GxP compliant Archive Facility
- Be able to set and drive your expectations of your team
- Have strong communication skills- both written and oral
- Be able to articulate complex/technical issues to suit the audience
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritise your workload in a reactive environment
- Be a confident decision maker
- Have strong time management skills
- Have customer relationship management experience
- Have an understanding and management experience of P&L budgets and management of revenues reconciliation in conjunction with Finance