Licensed Animal Technician
Our client’s employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join their family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work they perform. In return, they’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Our client’s has an opportunity for a motivated and pro-active individual to join the scientific team at their Laboratories site in the UK.
The site is focused on providing state of the art cell biology and pharmacology support to a range of global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in areas including immune oncology, autoimmune and inflammatory disease and infection. They work on projects from early drug discovery through to clinical trials.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of a dynamic and flexible team that conducts a wide range of in vivo efficacy testing models as well as developing new in vivo models. Techniques that would be used on a regular occurrence include animal handling, drug administration to rodents by a variety of routes, blood sampling, clinical assessment of disease and dissection. There is also a large onus on all personnel to maintain accurate records and have a high standard of report writing. Appropriate training will be provided.
- Holder of a Home Office Personal License under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, Modules 1-4.
- Experience working under the Code of Practice for the housing and care of animals used in scientific procedures.
- Work within defined Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) with a keen eye for detail.
- Passion for working with animals and their welfare.
- Experience handling small animals / rodents and working under SPF conditions.
- Experience administering substances by a variety of routes such as intranasal, intragastric, intraperitoneal, intravenous, topical and intramuscular.
- Experience of schedule 1 and anaesthesia.
- Experience of blood sampling.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Experience of working in a teamwork focused environment with a flexible attitude to working hours.
- Ideally competence in data analysis, computer software and report writing skills.
- Ideally experience of additional laboratory techniques.
Our client offers excellent remuneration packages and career progression.