Phage Display Contract
Location – Cambridge
Temporary: 6 months
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary biotech applying new approach to predict better antibody-antigen binding to decrease the time to apply findings towards antibody therapeutics.
You will be joining a small team of experts who have demonstrated their skills in the various field of engineering science, biochemistry, lab-ware automation, machine learning and phage display.
The founders of this biotech have turned their knowledge into innovation and using new technologies combined with classic laboratory methods to secure support for their research venture. Their ingenious approach has awarded this start-up funding for this 6 months project.
They are based on a research park on the outskirt of Cambridge and are looking for like-minded audacious researchers. You will work as part of this exceptional team to generate data to drive discovery in targets-testing with phage display.
Your role will cover from consumable procurement to devising assays, ensuring quality, selection of the targets and running the phage display. Regular review of the results with the rest of the team ensure effective work and advancement of discovery with quality data.
You will apply your laboratory expertise, molecular biology skills and discovery mind for this role. You will innovate on a daily basis, using your experience to advance the research.
You will liaise with external collaborators to extend expertise, promote the team discovery and display full ownership of your work and promotion of the research project.
You will be integral part of the company and its journey.
* Experience with phage display is essential
* Educated to PhD or postdoc in relevant field and relevant experience
* Excellent molecular biology skills: cloning, PCR, sequence analysis
* Ability to troubleshoot all aspects of laboratory experiments and peripheral needs
* Knowledge of building affinity library will be advantageous
* Ability to work as a team and self-manage your time and experiments
* Hours: Full Time – 9.00am-17.30pm