A rare and fantastic opportunity is now available to work for an established leader within the biotechnology industry. We are seeking a driven, organised and proactive Culture Collection Curator to join our client based in Cambridgeshire.
This position will focus on maintaining the company’s culture-collection and its associated biodata. The successful candidate will be organised, efficient and meticulous with substantial anaerobic microbiology and bacterial characterisation experience and will have previously maintained a large microbial culture-collection.
Reporting to the Head of Microbiology, the successful candidate will work with colleagues in maintaining the company’s key microbiological resources.
- Maintaining a diverse prokaryotic culture collection
- Phenotypic characterisation of microbial isolates
- Communicating across teams to ensure that electronic records associated with the culture collection are current
- Rigorously and accurately maintain freezer-records and biologically relevant sample metadata.
- A degree in a Biological Sciences subject.
- Five years’ experience in a microbiology laboratory.
- Extensive experience of maintaining, curating and managing a microbial culture collection and its associated biomaterials and data.
- Capability to provide research materials and associated bio- and meta- data when needed, to support the work of research scientists.
- Strong organisation skills, with a demonstrable ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously and to adhere to deadlines.