Trainee Animal Technician – Bicester, Oxford
Here is the job working with Animals that offers you an actual career, you have been searching for!
This position requires minimal previous experience and offers great potential to progress within the Research and Development industry.
If you have a passion for Animal well-being but equally wish to be part of an industry that is changing and improving the lives for everyone in this world, then this is the role for you.
It requires physical lifting as well as mental aptitude for attention to detail and basic report writing.
You will be part of a team of like minded animal lovers, where on a daily basis you will be working closely together to care for, feed, water and health check your animals. Your job is integral to the research of life saving medicines.
This industry is one of the most regulated industries in the world where the animal’s welfare is the highest priority. Surprisingly, you will find that this environment is regulated more thoroughly than most well-known animal rescue centres.
This is a permanent, full-time position
Salary: £16300 per annum + overtime
Must have a full UK driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
Core duties to include:
- Daily health and welfare checks
- Minimal report writing and record keeping.
- Provision of adequate fresh food and water.
- To ensure cages and/or enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Replenish animals with environmental enrichment.
- Be Health and Safety conscious and observe company and legislative guidelines on safe working practices.
- Working to Quality System Standards
- Ensures products meet customers’ requirements
- Workplace cleanliness
- Ensure adequate supplies of food, bedding, and consumables are available for animals as required.
- Provision of weekend /bank holiday cover as required. 1 weekend in 3.
- Usual working hours 08:45 – 16:45
To be considered for this role, please send your CV and cover letter highlighting any Animal Handling experience or qualifications you may have.